Leicester City v Newcastle United: Premier League – live!
- 9.52pm BST21:52 Full Time: Leicester 2-4 Newcastle
- 9.45pm BST21:45 GOAL: Leicester 2-4 Newcastle (Iheanacho, 87)
- 9.38pm BST21:38 GOAL: Leicester 1-4 Newcastle (Albrighton, 80)
- 9.32pm BST21:32 GOAL: Leicester 0-4 Newcastle (Wilson, 74)
- 9.23pm BST21:23 GOAL: Leicester 0-3 Newcastle (Wilson, 64)
- 8.50pm BST20:50 Half Time: Leicester 0-2 Newcastle
- 8.36pm BST20:36 GOAL: Leicester 0-2 Newcastle (Dummett, 34)
That’s all from me today. Thanks all for following along and enjoy the weekend of football ahead.
Steve Bruce on his team’s recovery:
“We were disappointed last week against Arsenal but once the big players returned over the last two months, we’ve lost, I think, two in 10. The performances and the big players getting fit, of course, makes a difference. We’ve struggled a while with Covid, illness and people being injured. You can see the difference and that’s been a real, major change.”
Here is Paul Doyle with his match report.
A great lede: “Five years to the day since Andrea Bocelli serenaded Claudio Ranieri’s title winners at the King Power, Leicester hit an almost unbelievable bum note.”
Callum Wilson, the clear man of the match:
“I just feel a few results, it’s like a domino effect really. The boys have got a lot of confidence and we’re playing with a little bit more freedom, creating that cushion between us and the bottom of the league. Nothing to lose, everything to gain tonight and we had a nice incentive tonight. We got three points, we managed to be safe.”
Joe Willock on Sky:
“I’m learning every day. Coming here was a big step for me in my career. Going away from London and going away from my boyhood club was a big move for me, it wasn’t easy. To come here and to be welcomed by the lads so easily and learn so much from all the staff members and the manager, I’ve been delighted. It’s a blessing and I’m happy I can contribute with my goals.”